Thursday, January 2, 2014

Home

I felt really compelled to write this today for several reasons...1) I'm heading back to Colorado tomorrow and I started thinking about home, 2) I'm waiting for my to hair dry, 3) I can't fall asleep. Seriously though, I've never felt such a pull to write a post before, so I'm just going to type and see where this goes.

For those of you who know me and my story of how I ended up in glorious Colorado you'll know that I didn't love it at first. I was angry at my parents for making me move right before high school, I was sad that I was leaving all my family and friends, and most of all I was terrified of being the "new kid."

Well fast-forward two years, and I'm happy. I'm really happy, and what's even more surprising...I couldn't imagine living anywhere besides Colorado (mom and dad if you're reading this...you were right. There I said.)

You know what I love most about my life right now? It's that God has opened so many doors for me; I go to probably the most amazing church ever, I have made some friends that feel less like friends and more like family, and I have mountains in my backyard! I am blessed, and I'm sure I say that in every blog post I've ever written, but it's true! I am so blessed!

But let's get real for a second. Life in Colorado hasn't been without trials and struggles and stress. My happiness level hasn't always been a 10 and my friendships haven't always been great and I haven't always felt like rainbows and unicorns; however, I know that in the grand scheme of things everything is just as it should be.

I've found my calling in Colorado. I've found my purpose and my passion. I've found love and joy. Colorado is my home. It is the place that I can't wait to get back to after vacation and the place where I don't want to leave after high school and the place where I want to raise my kids someday.

You know how they say "home is where the heart is?" Well, it's true. My Colorado has stolen my heart, and even though I'm not a true Coloradoan, Colorado is where my heart is.

So here's what I have to say to you: God can stick you in unfamiliar territory where you feel like a small fish in a big pond, but be sure that he will not leave you there alone. His plan for you involves people and places and friends and mentors that will leave a lasting impact on you. God does not leave you high and dry! He leaves you quenched will his awesome, amazing, magnificent plans for you; he is going to do some crazy things no matter where you are. Don't be scared; be empowered in the fact that you are a piece in God's plan.

Your home is wherever God calls you, and wherever that is, he's going to use you in ways you thought unimaginable.



No comments:

Post a Comment