Thursday, January 16, 2014

5 verses to keep you going

Before I begin I just want you to know that you guys are my favorite people to talk to. I don't how many of you are out there letting my words seep into your brain, but I really like you.

I thought I'd compile a list of 5 verses that might have the potential to give you that extra boost of confidence when you feel like nothing is going right, so here they are:

1. {The LORD says, "I will give you back what it lost..." Joel 2:25}
This verse is short, but to me it packs a punch! Sometimes it seems like the world is crumbling around your feet, you can't catch a grip, and you feel like you're sunk. This verse tells us that God is not going to take something away and leave you hanging. He will give it back, and what he gives will be 20x better than what you lost in the first place.

2. {Change your life, not just your clothes. Come back to God, your God. And here's why: God is kind and merciful. He takes a deep breath, puts up with a lot, this most patient God, extravagant in love... Joel 13}
I'm really loving me some Joel. I've actually never read it until today, but it's pretty interesting! Give it a read! I really love this verse! It's from The Message and the wording is pretty great. This verse tells us that God is a forgiving and loving God. His arms are always open, always ready for us to come running into them. He won't hold a grudge, he is patient and loving, he showers us with love and adoration that we don't deserve. So when you feel unworthy of God's crazy love, just remember that you are worthy. You're his kid, and he won't turn his back on you! That's not His style ;)

3. {God's readiness to give and forgive is now public. Salvation's available for everyone! We're being shown how to turn our backs on a godless, indulgent life, and how to take on a God-filled, God honoring life. Titus 2:11-14)
This verse kind of sums up why Jesus came to earth in the first place, so that all people, no matter what they've done or what kind of life they've lived, can find hope, grace, and life in Him. It doesn't matter to God what you've done. He rejoices when someone makes that commitment to live a God-centered life. Jesus did not come for the healthy, he came for the sick.

4. {The LORD will fight for you, you need only be still. Exodus 14:14}
I used this verse in a blog post a while back and I really love it. It's message is simple. You do not need to worry about the future; God's got it all worked out in your favor...just lean on Him.

Ladies, I think this one is for you...
5. {Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as the elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight. I Peter 3:3-4}
I think this is a universal struggle for girls and women of all ages. Society has told us that in order to be considered beautiful there is a certain set of criteria that you must meet. You must have the best clothes, the prettiest hair, the most put together makeup, and a rockin' body. God is here to tell you that what makes you STUNNING is your heart. Your love for God is what makes you radiate a beauty that can't be compared with any physical form of beauty. You are SOOOOOOO much more than what you look like on the outside; you have a heart for Christ that surpasses all measure of beauty. Don't forget that...

I hope these verses give you the confidence to believe that you are stronger than you ever though possible. You have courage and heart and you are immensely blessed by Christ. He loves you more than you will ever know.

No comments:

Post a Comment