Thursday, January 30, 2014

A "blog-date..."

Hello friends! Welcome to the new and improved "Beautifully Broken blog!!!" I know I keep bouncing around with the design, but I'm a restless soul. I enjoy change!

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. In early December, or November...I can't quite remember, I wrote a blog entitled "be still." (If you'd like to read that blog you can find it in the "past posts" section on the right.) In that post I talked about my impatience while waiting for the unknown, God's "bigger plan" for my stinky situation. Well I thought you'd like a blog update! A "blog-date" if you will...

It has been almost two months since I wrote that blog, and I'd say everything is wonderful. I know I said I was terrified of waiting out the storm, and I hated not knowing when things were going to get better...well I'm about to get real with you. I may have seen the light!

When I wrote that blog post, I was still uncertain if I had made the right choice is shutting the door to that part of my life. I was scared and nervous and, frankly, was having trouble seeing what was right in front of me. Now that I've had a chance to take a step back and assess the situation I see all of the immense blessings that were thrown my way during that not-so-awesome time.

This Wednesday, my youth pastor talked about seeing the trials in our lives as a way for us to hold tighter to God and His plan for us (at least that's what I took from the message), and after the service there was discussion time. One of the questions asked was "How do you know your heart has changed even if your circumstances haven't?" My answer was this: even when you're still in the middle of your "storm," if you can take a step back and see, not the difficulties, but the blessings being showered upon you, you're in a good place.

Now that I've worked on my heart a little bit, I've begun to say prayers of gratitude rather than "why me?" I've seen my old friend situation as a learning experience, and I've seen my new friend situation as a gift.

I haven't really talked much about the ladies that have brought me comfort and love even if they didn't know what was going on in  my life. (One of these days I'll write an entire post about how awesome they are.) They are the girls whose hearts for God and trust in Him absolutely ASTOUND me! They are they women that I am blessed to call not just friends, but sisters.

Even though there are times when I get a little blue and I feel kind of sad and insignificant, I remind myself to take a step back and see the bigger picture! I was given the gift of friendships that are solid in God, even when I didn't, or was too stubborn, to see it. God continues to bless me even if I'm a little blinded by the bad.

Now for you...God will continue to bring blessings into your life. I don't know what you're going through, and I'm sure right now it seems like there's nothing good in your life, but I challenge you to step back, see what God has given you, and be thankful. God's blessings for you is NEVER going to stop, even when you're too consumed by the bad to see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment