Sunday, September 13, 2015

My mini-meltdown

If you haven't heard...I'm in college! *cue the excitement and the fear*

Most days, and I really do mean most days, are GREAT days. I've met awesome people and I live in a super rad place (the beach is like 5 minutes away) and I'm learning to be independent; however, some days are hard days.

There are days when I want to dance and laugh and shout for joy because I live in California and I get to hang out with such cool people and I get to shop and swim and watch movies and take pictures and do fun things! But some days I just want to leave my PJ's on and stay in bed. Today is one of those days.

Last night was a BLAST. I danced on a boat dressed as, as one RA so aptly put it, "a rad librarian." And I went to bed content and exhausted. And then it was Sunday morning.

I woke up planning on watching a service from my church at home. I was super excited because I've been missing my church like WOAH, but wouldn't you know it, as soon as I opened my computer I saw that the internet was shot. Goody. I tried to tinker with the network (like I know what I'm doing...), send in a help request, I even tried watching it through my phone, but to no avail. So, I texted my mom about my frustration and anger and disappointment because, even though I knew there was nothing she could do, I needed to tell SOMEONE.

And then I cried. I cried because I miss home. I cried because I miss my people. I cried because man oh man do I miss my church. But being the way that I am, I refused to let anyone see tears fall down my face, so I sucked the puppies back into my head, and I sat down to write.

It's been two weeks. I'm not expecting to be "super chill all the time" (-Leslie Knope), and in those moments when the tiniest thing creates the biggest emotions, I'm remembering to lean on the one who is stronger and bigger and better. He gives me Santa Barbara days to be thankful for, and he comforts me when there are days I'm not so thankful for. He is all-knowing and all-powerful and present at every moment in my college career, so when there are moments (or days or weeks) when I just want to lose my mind, He's there. So for today, I'll continue to scroll through pictures that were taken on good days, and be oh so grateful for them.



1 comment: