Tuesday, January 12, 2016

to all who are lost

Even as I type these words, I too, am lost. I am not the authority on navigating life, nor do I have any tips on how to become "un-lost" (yes, the opposite of lost is found, but I'm getting there.)

I am human. I am lost. I am often misguided and confused and wrong. I am often wandering through life very unsure of what I'm supposed to do or where I'm supposed to go or who should hold my focus. I have a human-sized plan for myself--that seems grand and exciting to my human brain--but there are also God-sized plans for me. However, those are not carefully laid out for me to find and execute, so I am often lost.

I am lost when it comes to my words, my deeds, my actions, and my plans. I get lost in the stress and confusion of life. I get lost in sadness and hurt. Sometimes it feels like I'm more lost than I am "un-lost."

I know a lot of people who are lost. I've sat with them and cried with them and loved on them, even when I feel just as lost. We are a bunch of lost people, and that is scary and overwhelming. But lost people are still God's people. We could be lost for days or months or years, but even though we are lost, we are God's. We are FOUND. We have not found ourselves; we have not reached through the chaos that is our lives, plucked ourselves out of the confusion, and set ourselves on the right path. We are found by one who is bigger and better than our chaos.

Somehow, it's comforting to know that even in my state of being lost and unsure and confused and scared, there is this perfect peace, this beacon, this lighthouse that is our Father. Even when the "lostness" seems to be too much to handle, there is our Savior. Even when we cry and ache and drag ourselves through our "lostness," there is our Almighty God.

So, I will press on, even during the times I feel lost, but I will take joy and comfort in the fact that my God sees me when I'm lost and finds me and gives me a purpose and a direction and a future and a hope. //

Luke 19:10 
"For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost."

Romans 8:28
"For we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to his purpose."


No comments:

Post a Comment