Saturday, January 23, 2016

he is my perfect peace

It is so incredibly easy to get swept up in the whirlwind of life. There are times when it seems as if we are being pulled in every direction; we can't seem to catch our breath, we feel helpless and afraid ad confused. We can't see past the storm that surrounds our head and fills our heart and clouds our insides.

There have been moments when I've been trapped in that whirlwind. I've looked up at God in fear and confusion, and begged him to help me, to save me, to heal me, to bring me clarity and comfort. I have found myself in such a state of confusion that there would be times that I would lay on my bed and feel my mind spin as it tried to work through the panic and anxiety and (if I may quote my last blog) the "lostness."

One of my most favorite people recently gave me some really amazing advice. She encouraged me to head in the direction of peace when I feel most surrounded by the whirlwind of life. That could be peace for today, for tomorrow, for a month from now, or a year from now, but just set your internal GPS toward peace.

The Bible tells us that the Lord is our perfect peace. He is our stronghold, our firm foundation, and our comfort from the storm. His is the peace that we should be headed toward. He is our strength and our refuge, and it is in him that we find the peace that we so desperately long for.

I am so thankful that God provided me with his perfect peace. He knows that I can't make it through the storm without him. He is gracious and merciful and oh so strong. He is strong when I am not. He is calm when I am not. And he plucks me from that whirlwind and sets me on solid ground and surrounds me with his stillness.

Isaiah 54:10
"'Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed', says the Lord, who has compassion on you."

Isaiah 26:3
"You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you."

1 Corinthians 14:33
"For God is not a God of disorder but of peace..."

Philippians 4:6-7
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."





1 comment:

  1. We live in a very crazy world. So thankful for the peace & joy I receive through Christ.

    ReplyDelete