Sunday, December 27, 2015

you are seen


Sometimes life requires getting down on our knees and giving it up, and that's not an easy thing to do.

Sometimes we hear God's voice say, "hey, come here," and that's even harder because we think: Why on Earth would God want me? I am broken, I am flawed, I'm not worthy. He obviously hasn't accounted for the things I've said, done, thought, etc.

If you've ever thought that listen to this.

I feel like I don't need to say much because the song says it all, but I will say that God sees you, and he LOVES you. He loves you so deeply and so unconditionally and so fiercely. He sees you as a treasure, you are hand-crafted by him--the most high God.

We see ourselves through the lens of a broken and flawed world. A world that says that you're not good enough, pretty enough, smart enough. A world that says that you've messed too many times to be "good." A world that says you have too much baggage, and no chance of getting rid of it.

But God wipes that clean. God takes broken and flawed people, and reshapes them. God specializes in broken people, who live in a broken world, and he loves them. Oh, how he loves them.

You are never too far, too messy, too weighed down with baggage, too broken for God to love you. He loves you, he sees you, he WANTS you. He calls to you in your brokenness and sees something far greater for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment