Friday, January 9, 2015

Truths

I have a tendency to be forgetful! Who doesn't? It seems like it's hard-wired in us to misplace our keys or our remotes, but the forgetfulness that I felt compelled to write about today isn't our tendency to forget our earthly possessions, but our tendency to forget the truths about who we are as God's creation.

I often find myself stuck in a rut; I get trapped in a cloud of anxiety and sadness because I suddenly find myself wondering what my purpose is on this earth, what God's plan is for my life, and why can't I figure out what it is.

But God's word has a lot to say about who he created us to be--we were created in his image! We are fearfully and wonderfully made by the same God who created the heavens and the earth, and holds our entire galaxy in the palm of his hand!

We can get caught up in the lie that we are small, insignificant beings that are just waiting around until we can figure out how to spend our time on Earth, but that is so untrue! Psalm 139 says, "...in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me..." God knew us before we even existed! He had our lives mapped out before--as my mom says--we were specks in our parents' minds! If we give in to the lie that we are nothing special, we are giving in to the lies that Satan whispers in our ear. The lies that tell us that God doesn't have a plan for us, that He's left us here to figure things out on our own.

It's inevitable. There will be times when we forget the truths about us, when we don't know where we are supposed to go or what we are supposed to do. But, let me give you some advice: when the truths seems so far off, remember what the Bible has to say about you. You were created in God's image, you were fearfully and wonderfully made, and your days are mapped according to God's will.

God's word doesn't lie about why you were created. It speaks nothing but the truth, and these truths are the things that make up who you are! Don't forget who you were made to be, don't forget who you were made by, and most importantly don't give in to lies whispered in your ear by a powerless enemy--listen to the truths that are yelled, loud and clear, by the God who tells the sun and moon to rise and set.





No comments:

Post a Comment